Careers At KKDC
Job Title: Nursery Nurse Level 3
Responsible to: Nursery Manager & Deputy Manager
Nursery Nurse L2’s, Nursery Assistants, Nursery Trainees, Students and Volunteers.
Ofsted Inspectors, Early Years Development Officers, EHO Inspectors, Health & Safety Inspectors, Doctors, Health Visitors, other Childcare Professionals and external agencies.
Purpose of Post
• To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the Setting;
• To give support to other personnel within the Setting;
• To implement the daily routine in their base room.
• Formulate and operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with nursery management;
• Prepare the children's records in your group and institute reviews for parents/carers, in conjunction with the nursery management;
• Work with parents/carers of all children to achieve full integration in the Setting;
• Foresee the needs of all children and give physical, emotional, intellectual guidance as appropriate;
• Support all staff and engage in a good staff team;
• Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members;
• Liaise with the Local Authority and other professionals associated with the Setting;
• Attend monthly staff meetings outside working hours;
• Undertake certain domestic jobs within the Setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleaning of equipment and such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the manager;
• Participate in the training programmes of a wide variety of students (i.e. placements and volunteers), by giving guidance and support;
• Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled;
• To ensure good standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times and be responsible for the Health and safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children;
• Record accidents in the accident book. Ensure the manager has initialled the report before the parent receives it;
• To ensure confidentiality of information received;
• To develop and maintain good relationships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring needs
• Ensure child is collected by someone known to Setting.
• To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring that all staff and volunteers observe Setting policies and procedures to keep children safe from harm.
We committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share commitment. All appointments are subject to two satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £17,000.00 /year